from £1,539 pcm
Minimum Age 60See available properties
- Rooftop sky lounge with wrap around terrace
- 24 hour care monitoring line
- Development Manager
- Lift to all floors
- Social kitchen and honesty bar
- Guest suite for family and friends
- Camera entry system
- Secure Car Park
Carriages is a welcoming collection of one and two bedroom apartments thoughtfully designed with a spacious open plan layout benefitting from modern fittings and plenty of storage. Designed with floor to ceiling windows to fill apartments with natural light, situated moments from Purley highstreet.
• Award winning development voted ‘best new retirement development in London’ Evening Standard awards 2018
• Excellent location at on Purley highstreet
• 5 minutes from Purley station and 30 minutes train ride from central London
• 28 apartments over 5 floors (1 & 2 bedrooms)
• Lift to all floors
• Secure car park
• Communal rooftop sky lounge flanked by a wrap-around outdoor terrace including a social kitchen and fully stocked honesty bar
• A manager on site 7 days per week
• CCTV door entry system to each apartment
• 24 hour care monitoring line
• Guest suite available for family and friends to book
• ‘Not for Profit’ property management company
The development is situated just south of the old tracks of the Surrey Iron Railway; for many years its horse-drawn carriages transported freight goods from the North Downs to the Thames. The landscapers have found inspiration in this local history and, as a result, Carriages is bordered by coarse stone beds of wildflowers known as ballast gardens.
Surrounded by parkland and golf courses, Purley is a green and affluent district. With excellent transport links from East Croydon station, the M23 and A22, its easy to enjoy everything that London and the South East has to offer.
On Brighton Road, you’ll find local conveniences such as a bank, Post Office, pharmacy and opticians, while there are many boutiques, restaurants and independent coffee shops across the town. Two golf clubs, a literary society and an active debating society are just some of the local communities to get involved in, while the town’s tree-lined parks lend themselves to leisurely strolls in all seasons.